Yesterday my entire country was washed over by a flood of orange.
Ok, maybe that’s a little extreme, but it was Kingsday in The Netherlands and that means many people dress themselves (and the streets, their homes and businesses) in orange, since it’s our national colour. Most people just buy cheesy celebratory shirts and plastic accessories or literally anything orange they can find, they hit the streets and drink all day.
Not me though, I don’t enjoy crowds and I don’t really have a thing for the royal family, so I did not feel the need to get into the festivities. I do like dressing for an occasion though, so I did want my outfit of the day to include a little nod to the theme of Kingsday. I have plenty of orange in my close because it’s one of my favorite colours to wear and I could have easily went way more orange with it, but I felt like being a bit more subtle with it, which resulted in this look.
- Top Vero Moda (no longer available)
- Bra Marlies Dekkers Dame De Paris Cinnamon € 79,95
- Skirt C&A € 7
- Purse C&A € 9
- Shoes Dr Martens Jadon (search online or second hand for best price!)
- Glasses Polette Eyewear Jackpot View € 34,99
- Beret H&M Divided (no longer available)
- Kitty Necklace Orelia